Saxon Street UMFC chapel was “a substantial building of red brick, two stories high, erected in 1863 at an outlay of £1200, and having accommodation for 500 worshipers”. In 1940 the chapel seated 320 in pews and there were two school halls and four other rooms. The chapel had been closed by 1970
Sources
White’s Directory of Lincolnshire, 1872, p 76-77
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No. 702 Lincoln, Trinity Circuit
The Methodist Church Department of Chapel Affair, Statistical Returns made 6th December 1970
OS Town Plan Lincolnshire 1887 LXX.3.21 Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland

Comments about this page
This chapel was also to the design of Bellamy and Hardy.
Add a comment about this page