Whitwell WMA chapel was built in 1846 and cost £273, It was a “plain brick building with a gallery at the east end” and seated 200. “The exterior appearance was improved about 12 years ago by a coating of stucco. Four new windows of coloured glass were recently inserted. It was replaced in 1901 by this chapel
Bulmers Directory of Derbyshire, 1894-5

No Comments
Add a comment about this page