There have been Methodists in Probus since the 1700s with various buildings housing chapels.
In the 1700s, the daughter of Mr Dabb persuaded him to open up his house, opposite The Hawkins Arms pub, for meetings. This was probably the first Methodist meeting place in Probus
Research suggests that a chapel was built in Probus in 1788, extended in 1802 and again in 1812.
The Bible Christian chapel is at the opposite end of the village to the former Wesleyan chapel, in the area known as known as Probus Green.
Built as a Bible Christian chapel, between 1907 and 1932 it served as a United Methodist Church. In 1932, the chapel became Probus Green Methodist Church. Archived documents show records until 1948.
in 2012 there is planning to convert The Old Chapel into a single dwelling which implies it may have had a prior use.
old pic – http://cornishmemory.com/item/WAT_31_032