In 2021 the former chapel is in commercial use.
The first chapel was built in 1830 to accommodate a congregation of miners and their families who previously had met in a farmhouse. A schoolroom was added in 1836
The chapel in the picture was built in 1860 about 200 metres west of the previous chapel. In time, Sunday school accommodation was added.