This building is listed, with a description and recent photograph . Christopher Stell includes it in ‘An inventory of nonconformist chapels and meeting-houses in South-West England’ (HMSO, 1991) where he includes a photograph, on page 27, from when it was still in use.
The chapel was built in 1826 for the Wesleyan Methodists and remained in their hands until after 1882 (when it appears on the OS maps as a Wesleyan Methodist chapel). In the 1873 Accommodation returns the seating capacity is given as 100.
At some point between 1882 and 1900 it passed into Bible Christian hands. Colin Short’s list ‘1901 Bible Christian chapels in Cornwall’ (elsewhere on this site) includes it, and the OS maps of 1905 record this building as being a Bible Christian chapel, and the former chapel as being a Sunday School. It is recorded as a former United Methodist cause in the 1940 Statistical returns, still seating 100. By the time of the 1970 returns seating had reduced to 75, although there was also a schoolroom accommodating a further 63.
Perhaps more information will come to light through more local Methodists.
Grid reference SX 089814