Bodwen Ebenezer Bible Christian chapel dates from 1859, some later alterations. On Street VIew in 2011 it has been converted to residential use, but still carries its datestone – Ebenezer Bible Christian Chapel 1859.
Jo Lewis tells us:
Bodwen Ebenezer Chapel (Bible Christian) now sits on the western side of the lane to Menadue, opposite the ‘Tulip’ home of the Gammon Company (Danish Crown), and immediately east of Bodwen itself which is a short way south-east of Lockengate.
It was built in 1859, later becoming Ebenezer United Methodist Church and then Ebenezer Methodist Church, with records lasting until 1979. Since then it has served for a time as a grain store and is now Grade 2 listed.
History of the various Luxulyan chapels is slightly mixed. It is possible this was the chapel built by William O’ Brian – possibly an earlier building on the same site, but this is not confirmed.
“The old chapel at Ebenezer was remarkable as being the first built by Mr O’Bryant for use of his people, then called the Bryanites, but later referred to as Bible Christians” – Genuki
Grid reference: SX0357160270