For more information see the page for Sneinton United Methodist Free Church, Nottingham
Was this building also known as Eldon Mission?
Nottingham, Parliament Street Methodist New Connexion Chapel, Nottinghamshire By 1901 £10000 had been spent on the original construction and the subsequent enlargement of the chapel and school. A further £600. had been spent on purchasing an organ. The chapel seated 950 and the school 400 In 1923 the chapel, the school underneath, and a house adjoining reported to have been built and controlled by a private trust which was not obliged to provide a return. In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of a chapel seating 630 in pews, a school hall and six other rooms Sources Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901 Nottingham District, Nottingham Parliament Street Circuit Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/49 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4, Nottingham Parliament Street Circuit John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/920 Nottingham, East Circuit
Hyson Green United Methodist chapel which had a school underneath was built in 1895. The building costs were unknown in 1924 but the organ had cost about £250 and the building was insured for £3000. Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/48 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4