Owlerton Methodist New Connexion chapel was built in 1879.
In 1901 the premises consisted of a chapel. Construction and subsequent enlargements had cost £750. A further £30 had been spent on an organ or other instrument. The chapel seated 300 and the school 80.
In 1940 there was a brick-built chapel which seated 404 in pews, a school hall and seven other rooms.
Sources
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901, Sheffield District, Sheffield North Circuit
White’s Directory of Sheffield, 1879, p. 184
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/1004 Sheffield, North Circuit
White’s Directory of Sheffield, 1919-20, p. lx

No Comments
Add a comment about this page