The Borough Treasurer’s Department has the pleasure of using the former Primitive Methodist chapel on the east side of Howard Street. It was built for the United Free Methodists in 1856-7.
It is a Grade 2 Listed Building and more detail is on the Historic England website. Hetton-le-Hole Primitive Methodist Chapel, dated 1858, bears a strong resemblance to this building.
Listing NGR: NZ3566868421
Historic England accessed online 28th January 2021 at: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1299964