The Manor Park church in Herbert Road, was first erected in 1880, but soon became overcrowded and this larger building was built in 1891.
Designed by the firm of Potts, Sulman and Hennings, a prominent firm of Methodist architects who had won a limited competition, the building consisted of a nave and aisles 40 feet across, 475 worshippers could be accommodated, arranged in a square around the pulpit. There were seats for a further 200 in galleries.
Free Methodism entered Manor Park from Forest Gate in 1870. The church illustrated continued to serve after Methodist union. Herbert Road was rebuilt in 1964, and continues in Methodist use.
The Builder Nov 29th, 1890 pp 424 and 432