This is a list of chapels in Essex that had been registered by 1867. Remember that registration was not compulsory. We have also discovered that the official location may not be the same as the name by which the chapel is commonly described.
The United Methodist Free Churches presence in Essex was limited to Colchester and the eastern suburbs of London. By 1898 Colchester and Brightlingsea no longer had a UMFC presence, but the work in Greater London flourished.
Unless otherwise stated each of these places of worship is described as a chapel.
The numbers on the list relate to places, and match those on the map. The base map is provided under this licence
Use the search box to find out more about a chapel.
|Brightlingsea, New Street||3||Lexden|
|Colchester, St. Helen’s Lane||4||Colchester|
|Dagenham||Building occupied by Thos. Smith||5||Romford|
|North Woolwich Road||6||West Ham|