Additional information and current picture from Jo Lewis (08/21)
Camborne United Methodist Church can be seen on Trelowarren street and is now a Costa coffee shop
The church was built in 1909 in Edwardian gothic architectural style as a United Methodist Chapel. It was preceded by a New Connexion chapel on New Connexion Street
Trelowarren Street chapel was built on the site of a former fruit shop and the courtyard in front of the old New Connexion Chapel – it was built up to the front of that chapel. The Trelowarren Street Chapel Sunday School stands on the imprint of the old New Connexion chapel, and may even structurally contain parts of that original building
In 1932 became Trelowarren Methodist Church, Camborne. The church closed in 1992. Early photos can be found on line.
Kresen Kernow here contains a range of records of the chapel, from the original blueprint, through accounts, trustees and sermons to a report on woodworm and dry rot.