Halifax, Brunswick Rhodes Street United Methodist Free Church chapel
Brunswick Rhodes Street United Methodist Free Church chapel, Halifax, Ref 5-R148, stood at the junction of Rhodes Street / Cross Rhodes Street / Grape Street.
The Chapel and School were designed by J. P. Pritchett.
The corner stone was laid on 7th March 1866. The Chapel opened on 31st May 1867 and could accommodate 800 worshippers. This fine building had a spire.
The church had a noted organ. Arthur Collingwood was organist here.
Closed in 1965. It was demolished two years later.
Subsequent Ministers at the Chapel have included Rev Charles Wildblood [around 1902].
The society at Rhodes Street joined the society at Trinity, which then became of Highgate Methodist