Sherwood, United Methodist Free Church chapel was built of brick in 1884 and cost £616.16.2. The chapel, which was also used as a school, seated 300. In1940 the chapel estate consisted of the chapel which seated 250 on forms, and two other rooms.
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/48 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/917 Nottingham Central Circuit