Pleasley Hill, Meden Square, Ebenezer United Methodist Free Church Chapel, Nottinghamshire

Pleasley Hill United Methodist Free Church Chapel was built of stone in 1862 at a cost of £200. A chapel vestibule, cellar, and schoolroom were added in 1904 at a further cost of £1300. A pipe organ was acquired in 1911 for £30. The chapel seated 150 in 1924 but no figure was reported for the school. In 1940 the estate consisted of a chapel which seated 200 in pews, and two other rooms. The chapel appears t have been closed by 1970


Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/47 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4

John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/932 Mansfield A Circuit

Statistical returns, 1970, photocopy Nottingham and Derby section at Nottinghamshire Record Office

Mansfield, West Circuit, p 38

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *