Carlton United Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1898. In 1924 the premises consisted of a chapel, an adjacent school, two houses in Cromwell Street, and a house and a shop in Main Street. The chapel property was insured for £2850 and the houses and shops for £1450. The chapel seated 550. In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of the chapel which seated 466 in pews, four school halls and three other rooms.
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/48 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/920 Nottingham, East Circuit