Netherfield United Methodist Free Church chapel and a vestry were built of brick in 1885. A schoolroom, classrooms and organ chamber were added in 1899. The whole cost £2620, including seating in the chapel and school. A further £220 was paid for the organ. The chapel seated 350 and the school 250 children. The chapel had a gallery on two sides and one end and the other end was occupied by the organ chamber and choir. In1940 the chapel estate consisted of the chapel which seated 340 in pews, three school halls and two other rooms.
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/48 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/920 Nottingham, East Circuit