Mansfield Woodhouse United Methodist Free Church Chapel was built of stone in 1885 and the school was added in 1902. The chapel seated 250 and the school 400. The total cost of the buildings was £2000. In 1940 the estate consisted of a chapel which seated 250 in pews, a school hall and two other rooms. By 1970 the seating capacity had been reduced to 150. The school seated 205 and there were three other rooms.
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/47 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/932 Mansfield A Circuit
Statistical returns, 1970, photocopy Nottingham and Derby section at Nottinghamshire Record Office
Mansfield, West Circuit, p 38