Mansfield, Big Barn Lane United Methodist Church Chapel (ii) was built in 1932. In 1940 the estate consisted of a chapel which seated 250 in pews, a school hall, and no other rooms. By 1970 the capacity had been reduced to 180 and there was one other room.
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/932 Mansfield A Circuit.
Statistical returns, 1970, photocopy Nottingham and Derby section at Nottinghamshire Record Office
Mansfield, Bridge Street Circuit, p 37