Hucknall, Bestwood Road, Bethesda Methodist New Connexion Chapel and school were built of brick in 1875-6. By 1901 £1660 had been spent on the original construction and the subsequent enlargement of the chapel and school. A further £30 had been spent on purchasing an organ or other instrument. The chapel seated 400 and the school 340. In 1924 the chapel estate consisted of a chapel and a school in adjoining and communicating. The chapel still seated 400 but the school only 200. By then £2000 had been spent on the construction of the chapel and school including any extensions and organs. In1940 the chapel seated 350 on pews and forms. There was school hall and four other rooms. The chapel had closed by 1970.
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901 Nottingham District, Hucknall Circuit
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/45 United Methodist special trust schedules 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/ Nottingham District. Nottingham North Circuit
Nottinghamshire Record Office Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places,1970, Nottingham and Derby District, Nottingham North Circuit