East Kirby, United Methodist Free Church Chapel/school was built of brick in 1881. It seated 200 and cost £476. In 1940 the estate consisted of a chapel which seated 200 on forms and four other rooms.
Free Methodist Manual: London, Andrew Crombie, 1899 Mansfield Circuit, p 272
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/47 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/932 Mansfield A