East Dereham United Methodist Church

Norwich Road, East Dereham

East Dereham, Norwich road United Methodist Church
Keith Guyler, 1987
East Dereham United Methodist

East Dereham United Methodist chapel was on Norwich Road, on the corner with Bath Avenue.

It opened in 1902 and, the congregation having chosen not to merge with the Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists in 1932, served until closure in 1982.  In 1940 it was thought to seat 170, reduced to 120 in 1970. By the time of Keith Guyler’s picture in 1987 it was in commercial use. On Google Street View in 2008 it has disappeared, replaced with a detached house.

There is a photo of the mission band from this chapel in 1925 on our sister site

Grid reference: TF996132


Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical Returns Including Seating Accommodation as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Department for Chapel Affairs, [1947]

Methodist Church, Department for Chapel Affairs. Statistical returns Part 1, 1972

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.