Deeping St James, United Methodist Free Chapel, Lincolnshire
Deeping St James United Methodist Free Chapel was built of brick in 1888. In 1940 the chapel seated 200 in pews and there was a school hall. It was subsequently demolished and the site used for the construction of Deeping Methodist Church. All that remains of this building is the name and date plaque which was inserted into the perimeter wall of the new church. In accordance with local custom the word “Free” has been obliterated from the top line.
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940, No 698
Site visit 27.12.2019