The date for construction of Barrow in Furness, Walney, Methodist New Connexion Chapel has yet to be established. By 1901 the estate consisted of only a chapel. The land buildings and enlargements had cost £350. There was seating for 150 in the chapel. Repairs costing £995 were carried out in 1946-7. By 1959 the cost of repairs had risen to £1831.
Leicestershire Record Office 16D60/31 Methodist New Connexion /Return of Trust Estates/as presented in / Special Schedules, January 1901
Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minutes 1937-1974