Barrow in Furness, Roose Road Chapel was erected at an unknown date. An organ costing £142 was installed in 1938. In 1940 the chapel had 400 sittings on pews and there was a schoolroom and three other rooms. War damage reinstatement works carried out in 1951-2 cost £1076. A new ceiling costing £781.9.4d was installed in 1960-1. Alterations and modernisation costing £1089 were carried out in 1972-3.
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991
Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minutes 1937-1974