Bacup, Church Street Wesleyan Methodist Association Chapel, Lancashire
Bacup, Church Street Wesleyan Methodist Association chapel was a small roughly square building reached through a passage on the east side of Church Street. No seating is shown on the ground plan made in 1848 but stairs each side of the entrance suggest the presence of a gallery and perhaps a basement as well. A U shaped row of small circles could indicate the position of the columns supporting the gallery. It was later replaced by the Waterside chapel, qv, which was erected on an adjacent site.
Source OS 1:1056 plans of Bacup, sheet 2, 1848-52, reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website)