Driving towards Chacewater from the west, take the difficult right turn back on itself (High Street) up the hill. At the top of the hill, just before Truro tractors, there is an unmade track on the left. The Chapel can be found on the left.
1880 maps show a Bible Christian chapel here which had changed its footprint by 1907. The older chapel was circa 1830 (local knowledge) and Billy Bray from Twelveheads used to preach in it before it was demolished to make way for the new build. There was also a Sunday school now an artist’s studio. There is reference to a Bryanite chapel in Chacewater in the 1858 Topographical Dictionary of England which may be the same.
White Rose Chapel, Chacewater, also known as the Zion Chapel, was built in 1905 on the outskirts of the village in the proliferation of chapels as the village became wealthy through mining. The new chapel was built at a perpendicular, over the site of the older chapel.
The chapel became a United Methodist chapel in 1907 and Zion or Cox Hill Methodist Church in 1932. The chapel closed in 1972 and the premises were sold. This is now residential.