There are photographs of the interior of this chapel on our sister site
Claremont United Methodist Free Church (UMFC) in Newquay is on the eastern side of Beachfield Avenue, a few metres north of the Bank Street junction.
This was the fourth meeting place for the UMFC Methodists, the second being on Crantock Street and the third at Steps Chapel. This building opened in 1892 to replace Steps Chapel, but soon faced competition from the new Wesleyan church in East Street, which opened in 1904. The Church Hall sits next to it.
When the UMFC, Methodist New Connexion and Bible Christian connexions merged in 1907, this was the main place of worship for the new congregation, until new premises were found.
The last service at Beachfield Avenue was held on October 4th 2015 and the congregation moved into Bishops school awaiting a new build.
The sale was blighted by the finding of a mine shaft in front of it, and then by squatters in 2016 but it was sold with plans to convert it into flats. In 2021 it has been converted to an art gallery
It is a grade 2 listed building.