The Bible Christians began to meet in a small cottage in Lower Lux Street in 1821, typically choosing to position themselves in one of the poorer areas of the town.
This Bible Christian Chapel, (Barn Street/Russell Street) was designed by Henry Rice in 1854 (1854 or 1858 depending on which source is consulted) and extended in 1881 in the Early English Gothic style.
This is also called Windsor Villa Chapel on OS map 1887 because of Windsor Villa behind it
The chapel became a United Methodist Church in 1907. The society joined with Greenbank United Methodist Church (a former United Methodist Free Church) in 1924 and this chapel was sold. (SW churches)
For a number of years it was used by the Liskeard Silver Band. In 2018 the Band had moved out and the chapel was available for auction with a guide of £25,000 – £35,000