The current Methodist church in Lanivet was the original Bible Christian Chapel built in 1883 and given its certification of worship in 1884. It is now joined to the Sunday school, built in 1906.
The Bible Christians became part of the United Methodist Church in 1907. In September 1934, the ex-Wesleyan and ex-United Methodist Societies fused and from that date worshipped in the ex-United Methodist Church building which was in a better state of repair, and became known as Lanivet Zion.
Since that time the building has undergone some major alterations. The Sunday School was rebuilt in 1992 to be a part of the Church building.